Pages

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Busy Busy Busy!

Long time, to type. I apologize! I have been super busy these past couple of weeks. Between working random hours every day, babysitting, and fun weekend activities, I've been go go go!

Here is the quick on what's been up!

Fall is my favorite season, especially since I live in lovely New England. So in honor of Autumn, I went apple picking in Hollis, NH last weekend. Where I pick there are 19 different varieties of apples and I had to get at least one of each. Yum! The problem with apples is, sometimes I can eat them raw and sometimes I can't. It depends on how the pouch is feeling on each individual day. Some days I make Shelly's Apple Pie Innards, and on days like today, I make apple sauce. It's super easy! Here's the recipe:

You will need:
A crock pot
Apples (however many you want as long as the crock pot closes!)
Water- for a 2.5 quart crock pot
filled with apples I used about 1/4c
Optional: Cinnamon & Splenda to taste

Directions:
Peel, core, and slice your apples
Place them all in a crock pot
Add water
Turn crock pot to low
Go get your nails done, do some shopping, hit the gym/spa/bed for 6 hours!
After 6 hours, turn your crock pot off
Mash your apples with a potato masher (I like my applesauce chunky so I don't mash it too much)
Stir in cinnamon and/or splenda to taste!
Serve warm or refrigerate to cool :)

Yummm!

I plan on going apple picking again this coming weekend so I can can some homemade applesauce.

Also this weekend, I will be attending the Walktoberfest. It's a lot of fun, I just haven't decided if I will be bringing my little Olivia because she has social anxiety... but she's so damn cute!

On Friday I watched my favorite child ever from work. We had so much fun in the hour she was awake. I don't think I've ever done so many different things in such a short period of time! Today I watched some strangers kids. They were super cute and the parents were so nice and down to earth.

This week will be busy. I started a "Hungry Heads" class with my WLS center. It doesn't really apply to me now because I can't eat a lot, but it will help when I am further along so I don't have a hungry head. I also have an appointment with my surgeon (The Jise, <3 him!!), a staff meeting, and something else that I am forgetting at the moment.

It's time for my to go make my yummy bento lunch for tomorrow. Gotta be at work for 7!

Nighty Night!
Miss Pink



No comments:

Post a Comment