Pages

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Work & Food Groups

So, after 6 weeks of recovery from my gastric bypass surgery, I have returned to work. It is bittersweet to be back, honestly. The hours have changed. The pay has changed. The bosses I have worked for forever are gone. I miss me some K & J! My kids have obviously missed me, which I must say, is so heartwarming to me. I never thought I would get so many hugs and smiles from all of these kids. I really missed them, and I know they really missed me. It's one of the few things that make me smile at work. ::sigh:: It's just hard getting back into the "swing" of things because everything is different. It wouldn't be so hard if I had come back to the "same old same old." Oh well... what can you do?

Other than that, in the 44 days since my surgery, I have discovered a whole new food pyramid. On "Miss Pink's Food Pyramid" there are 5 food groups. They are: Meatballs, Greek yogurt, protein shakes, Wheat Thins Fiber Selects, and mini Luna bars. What a variety!

Tonight I tried steak. I know they say in all of the support and nutrition groups that steak isn't well tolerated, but I was hopeful. I was hopeful because for the first 3 months after my sisters surgery all she could eat was steak! Guess what? Steak is definitely NOT for me. Can you say frothing? Gross & painful. If you are not a WLS patient, google it. If you are a WLS patient, you probably know where I'm coming from, and if you don't, I envy you!! Does anyone else get really tired after a food doesn't agree with your pouch? I get so sleepy!

On that note, I am going to indulge in some mindless TV (Teen Mom) and go to bed.

Nighty night!
Love,
Miss Pink

No comments:

Post a Comment