Pages

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Delicious Shakes & Doggie Baking

Today was busy! So busy in fact, that I know I didn't get in all of my fluids or protein yet and it's almost 6pm! This morning I had a delicious Berry Berry Protein Smoothie courtesy of The World According To Eggface.



The first picture is a booklet of Eggface's favorite shakes, which I made into a "cookbook" for myself. It is very handy! Do you like my photo instructions? 8oz milk, a scoop of vanilla protein, some berries, blend, drink. Easy. Delish.

NEXT! I made a doggie birthday cake for my co-worker's puppies today. It's a Banana Honey cake with Pineapple Blueberry cream cheese frosting. Very tropical, and it smelled yummy while it baked! I topped it with homemade doggie cookies. Recipes to follow!






I'm not going to post the pictures for the frosting & cookie mixing/baking because, frankly, that's just too many photos for a new blogger to try and post (especially since she doesn't really know what she's doing yet. Any pointers??) So here are the recipes!

Banana Honey Cake

2 Bananas
2 Cups water
1/8 tsp Vanilla
3 Cups Whole Wheat Flour
1/2 Tablespoon Baking Powder
1 Egg
2 Tablespoons Honey

Directions: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Put 2 ripe bananas in your stand mixer and mash. Add all wet ingredients to bananas and mix until combined. Add baking powder. Add flour gradually. Mix until combined. Pour into 9 inch round cake pan and bake for approx. 1 hour 15 minutes (or until toothpick comes out clean). When it's done, put the cake on a cooling rack- it will take a while to cool. When it's cool, you can frost it using this recipe!

Pineapple Blueberry Cream Cheese Frosting

8 oz low fat whipped cream cheese
1 6oz container pineapple chobani (greek yogurt)
1/4 cup fresh (or frozen, thawed) blueberries-mashed (I used a food processor)

Combine all ingredients. If it's too watery, add a little flour or corn starch to thicken. Frost your cake :)


These are the ingredients for the Peanut Butter Pumpkin Cookies:



As you can see, I ran out of pumpkin, so I took a baby food pouch of sweet potato, pumpkin, apples, and blueberries (all things dogs LOVE). I had this left over from my pureed diet stage. I wasn't ever brave enough to try it myself, so the dogs are benefiting from my "loss" hehe. Onto the recipe!

2 1/2 Cups Whole Wheat Flour
2 Eggs
1/2 Cup Pumpkin (or baby food!)
2 Tablespoons Peanut Butter
1/2 Teaspoon Cinnamon
1/2 Teaspoon Ginger
Water- as needed

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cover cookie sheet in tin foil. Combine all ingredients, except water, in a mixer. Mix until combined. Add small amounts of water until a dough ball forms. Flour your work surface, knead dough, then roll out to a 1/4 inch thickness. Use cookie cutters to make fun shapes, put on cookie sheet, and bake for 30-40 minutes (or until golden brown and hard).

That's it for today. I suppose I should stop blogging and spend some time with the BF :)

Miss Pink


No comments:

Post a Comment